Monday, October 27, 2014

October 27 2014

Friends and dearest Famliy!

This is it! My last week as a Missionary! Just a few highlights..

Monday we had a great lesson with Norvell! His two twin nephews came
to the lesson. Their names are Keymon and Keymonte! So precious! We
talked about the Book of Mormon and invited them to all read the
introduction and pray if what they read was of God. I am really
excited to hear about their experience! We just found out that one of
the guys we were teaching, Brent, had to leave for Arizona to help out
his brother. He will be gone until Thanksgiving. Hopefully he will
keep reading and praying!

Tuesday was my last District Meeting. Elder Keagon my District Leader
had written on the agenda "The Tale of Two Sisters". Sister Smith and
I both had the opportunity to bare our testimony to our District at
the conclusion of the meeting. It was great! We met with Sister Mundy
and share with her 1 Nephi 8, Lehi's Dream. We had cute cut outs of
course and had a great discussion about holding to the rod and
standing strong and faithful. She has become so much strong in these
past 3 months! I am so grateful to have been able to learn with her
and from her. We met with Iza'ya for a few minutes today and he told
us that his mom doesn't not want him to get Baptized again. She
doesn't understand the importance of authority and that that is key in
order for a Baptism to really be in the name of Christ. Hopefully
through prayer and learning her heart will be softened. We then were
able to read with Norvell, Keymon and Keymonte! We invited them to
continue to pray. It is so fun to hear them say there first prayers!
They are so pure!

Wednesday we had exchanges! I was in our area with Sister Toyn. We
were up bright and early to teach Seminary! It was wonderful! We
talked about our purpose and also ways to share the gospel. They role
played setting at lunch and inviting there friends to learn using the
willing and brief! They loved it! We were able to meeting with
Norvell, Keymon and Keymonte again! Keymon and Keymonte ran out of
there house up to us holding their copies of the Book of Mormon,
shouting, "IT'S TRUE! IT'S TRUE! WE KNOW IT'S TRUE " I have never seen
so much enthusiasm! It was amazing!!! They are very special sons of
God! We then had a "Ice Cream SUNDAY" lesson with Iza'ya! We compared
the Sabbath to a Sunday that you eat. WE talked about the things we
should and shouldn't do on Sunday. He loved it! Everyone always does.
Hopefully this will help him to come to church this Sunday. We had a
great dinner with the Robles. We shared with them the "Because or Him"
video that the church created for Easter. It brings tears to my eyes
every time I watch it! http://easter.mormon.org/ We also read in the
Book of Mormon with with Sister Olive. It's amazing to how the
scriptures have the answers, guidance, and comfort to all of life's
needs.

Thursday we met with a less active named Lisa. She agreed to have us
come and "practice" our lesson with her! It is always exciting when we
get to teach someone about the gospel, who may have forgotten it's
importance. Their testimonies are always rekindled! It is amazing! We
also met with Jeanie! She is preparing for Baptism in December and is
really doing awesome! We had a crazy accident happen though. Our
member that was with us was petting her dog, who was a rescue dog and
is very unstable. Well after petting her, she stood up to quick and
the dog bit her hand. It was hurt pretty bad! It really was quite
scary! Then we met with Norvell, Keymon and Keymonte and read a little
bit more in the Book of Mormon with them. I love reading the Book of
Mormon with people. The Spirit is always so strong as we read the word
of God together as brother and sisters.

Friday we had a surprise Sister Training Leader Meeting. Sister
Swerdfeger and I gave a training on "Lovingly Correcting Disobedience"
It turned out amazing! We talked about three steps to take. 1) as we
are on exchanges with our sisters we should read in the Missionary
White Hand Book about something that Sister is struggling with. Have a
positive discussion on how we can all improve that behavior. 2) pull
her aside in the moment of the disobedient behavior to talk about it.
3) seek help from Mission Leaders. All the Sisters said our training
really helped them! We role played examples for them. It was really
positive. They announced that they with have Mission STLs now, they
will work along side President and the APs. They are like Sister APs.
It is pretty cool. I know it will help a lot of Sisters!

Saturday was my last full day to work as a Missionary! We worked hard!
We talked to so many people and had a couple lessons. But the
highlight was being able to attend Terry's Baptism. Sister Pence and I
had taught her in September and then she moved. But the Elder's were
able to continue teaching her! It was so great to her and it was a
very special experience! She is solid! I can't wait to see all the
good she does. She is such a great example to her family and friends!

Sunday during Craig Ranch Ward, Bishop Montandon had me stand a bare
my testimony. I held it together pretty good. It was great to be able
to see all the people that I have grown to love and adore as I have
served here these last 3 months. The Montandon's fed us dinner and
then had a surprise dessert party afterwards and invited members of
the ward to come. It was very special. I was grateful to have been
able to say goodbye to everyone.

I truly am at peace with this chapter of my life ending. I know that
if The Lord wanted me to serve longer He would have called me to serve
longer. He asked for 18 months and I have faithfully served the best
that I could. I wasn't the perfect missionary. But I was perfect in
one thing, I was perfect in trying. I know that Heavenly Father
qualifies whom He calls. He will always give us guidance and
direction. He knows us. He knows our needs, wants, and desires. I am
so grateful He know me. When I look back on my mission and even my
life, if things would have worked out the way I wanted it to be, I
would not have the joy I have now. I would not have been able to serve
with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. I am forever grateful
for a loving Heavenly Father, who sent His Son to be my Savior and
your Savior. I know that I can always trust Him. "I know that He
loveth His children; nevertheless I do not know the meaning of all
things." - 1 Nephi 11:17

Love,
Sister Davis














No comments:

Post a Comment